Thursday, December 25, 2008

Santa, we did not ask for the croup

If it were not for bad luck, I would not have any! I have been so busy lately I can barely remember to make it to my destinations fully clothed. This past weekend, Ella Grace and I drove up to have Christmas with my Dad and his family. Since, I was only coming home to Auburn to work Monday and then drive back I decided to leave Ella Grace with my family. Ok, bad decision! She woke up with the croup. After much heartache, and aggrevation with doctor office's I hit the road back home. Finally we got her into a pedicatric clinic, and she not only had the croup but an ear infection...AN EAR INFECTION, we have tubes what is the deal? Thankfully, she was much better just in the knick of time for Santa.

Oh, I forgot the best story, once you hear everyone will realize I truely am cursed. Friday morning, Ella Grace and I were all excited about the Polar Express party at school. I was staying with her at school, my friend and I had made all kinds of goodies for the kids. It was looking to be the perfect day. That is until I locked my baby in the car. Yes, I LOCKED ELLA GRACE IN THE CAR! How I done it, I have no idea. So, imagine this. I call Trae and luckily he was still at home. Once he realizes I am for real, he jumps in the car to come rescue us. Well, as our luck goes, he gets caught in 2 different schools traffic and it takes like 20 minutes for him to get there. Meanwhile, I have my face and hands plastered to the window of my car, because at this point Ella is screaming her head off, and she can not understand why I will not just get her out. So, I am singing to her, talking to her, nothing is working...and now I am upset. Just imagine, this whole time I am standing in the daycare parking lot, with my face smashed to my car window...WITH FOOTED PAJAMA'S ON!! Finally daddy comes and saves the day, because he gave her a nutrigrain bar that was in his car. See I told you, for some reason I am cursed!

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

GIRL!
I had NO idea that happened. Poor Alicia (and Ella)!!