Another Trip to the Pumpkin Patch
Ella Grace and I went to the pumpkin patch in Lafayette Saturday with her best friend Mary McKinnon and her Mommy Allyson. They had so much fun, we couldn't hardly keep up with them. We all rode the hayride to the patch, but before getting there we went through a barn with horses in the stables, which was a fun treat. Once at the patch the kids were immediately drawn to the petting zoo that included horses, goats, bunnies (AKA kitties according to Mary McKinnon) which Ella Grace loved, and a one legged chicken.
Ella Grace picked out her own special pumpkin, she thought that was just her size. Although, it was a bit to heavy for her to carry, and believe me she tried.Once the scavenger hunt and hayride was over we all headed over for a train ride. The girls thought they were big, wanting to sit all by themselves. The train was cute, it was a frame built around a four-wheeler.
Today Trae's grandparents came to visit for the day, Ella Grace loves them, showing out everytime they come. Grandmother Ruth brought her some yard tools to work with Daddy, Ella Grace raked and hoed the hard word floors all morning. She also learned how to rock in her little rocking chair, so she had to show them how to be a big girl.
Look how big she is setting her rocker. She is starting to be like a little girl, and I am so sad. I miss my baby, but am excited about all the fun times we are going to have. I guess that is a normal feeling mothers experience, but I am finding it a little bittersweet.
1 comment:
We had so much fun! This morning Ella ran up to Mary McKinnon and they hugged. You could tell they missed each other. I am so glad they are so sweet to each other and are such good friends! And that they got their mama's together too!
Post a Comment