Sunday, March 29, 2009

Showing off my work!




Okay, I told you I had been busy, and here is my proof. This weekend I made the pink and blue seersucker outfits. I saw them both in a children's boutique for around 50 dollars, so I thought I would attempt to make them before buying them. I have only had my rewriter box for one week, and I think I have appliqued and monogrammed everything in the house.

Saturday Allyson and I have a sewing date, which really means a play date for the girls and we get a few things accomplished. After two attempts we finished an front and back sided bunny applique, and it was precious, but the material we were working with is a pain. Maybe, if our girls would have stopped stripping to "play on the potty" I would have a pic to show off our work. Oh well, we all had a good time.

The white eyelet dress is Ella Grace's Easter dress, I am proud of it. I hope the weather is warm that weekend.

Good news, we are on the third week that Ella Grace has been in her big girl bed. She is doing so good we can put her to bed, and walk out of the room while she is still awake. The best achievment is naptime. This weekend, I put her down for a nap...and she actually went down without a fuss and slept for 2-2 1/2 hours.

2 comments:

Magan said...

Alecia!!! These are awesome!
Do you sell them?
We are having another baby and I may need to buy some from you, especially the burpcloths we use those like crazy!

Magan said...

Just read about the big girl bed, I am so happy and impressed!
Davis is a little over 2 yrs. I can't imagine putting him in a big boy bed. He loves his crib and I need to know he is closed in there for my sanity, lol!
I am going to have him in a crib in Sam's room when the baby gets here!
He will be in there until the day he decides to crawl out : )