Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Leap Frog

We have had a rough couple of days at the Fite house. Ella Grace is getting to be a "big girl," so we have decided it was time for her to sleep in her own bed and try and wean the pacifier. Let me give you a rundown. Sunday night we started with her bath, storytime with Mommy and Daddy, then we all go to say good night and tuck in. It was not so bad. Monday was a different story, Ella Grace is smart, and knew what was coming. The routine was the same, but she put up much more of a fight, since she was crying I stayed in the foyer to listen for awhile. After a few minutes I heard silence and much to my surprise she was standing in the doorway of the room looking at me. I was shocked! So, Trae and I became detectives to see how she was getting out of the bed. Well, she is hiking her leg over getting enough momentum to fall to the floor. After leaping out of her bed like a frog she wore herself out and fell asleep, so we left her there in the "big girl bed", as you can guess...2am we hear splat followed by crying.
So today started a new day, with a new bed. Trae converted her bed into a toddler bed, and to her it was the real "big girl bed." As you can see she LOVES it. The first night went pretty smoothly, but I will keep you posted.

No comments: