Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Again, Playing Catch Up!

Talk about BUSY, there are weeks that are passing by so fast, I think they are leaving a wind trail behind us!!! Here are a few pics of our last few months. As you can see below, this is Ella Grace with her posse, Mary McKinnon and Emma Kate. These ladies will be a hand full in the years to come.



Here is Ella Grace posing with Aunt Lele on Easter. She is 31 weeks, with our little Braxton. Unfortunately, she was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. After a few trials with diets and meds, she was put on insulin and is doing well. Although, my little nephew is already almost 5 lbs!!! Yes, you read that correct. She has 8 weeks left and plently of time for him to fatten even more. God bless her!


This is the reason for the lack of post lately. I have been training with the wonderful ladies for my first half marathon. I have made great friends, allies, and motivators with this group and could have never done it without them! We all went to Pensacola the weekend of April 9-11, 2010, and on Sunday April 11 I ran my first half marathon. You got that right, 13.1 miles in 2 hours and 50 minutes. That isnt the greatest time, but for my first race of that distance I am ok, since most people would cringe to even the idea. As you can tell below we had a wonderful weekend. Pheza had friends in Gulf Shores that took out for a cruise on their boat and treated us to a wonderful lunch!
Allyson and I have matching shirts that read "In my dreams I am a kenyian." They were a hit, and only funny if you are a runner, but we got a kick out of them.

I must tell you, slapping this 13.1 sticker on my car once I finished was the most accomplished I have ever felt. I have never felt as an athlete, but running is a sport. It may be a mental sport, which means we all must be insane!!!


No comments: